We are proud to announce our finnish teammember Enni Rukajärvi is currently leading the TTR! Big ups and congratulations!!!
With her solid victories at 5 and 6Star slopestyle events this season Enni of course sky-rocketed in the TTR rankings right into the Top 5 and currently can be found on 1st position with her 4th place at the US Open.
Yesterday Porters Tahoe and K2 teamed up at SugarBowl for a product demo/review. The whole crew got together to film some on snow action of the whole K2 snowboarding line as well as video interviews on the product and what not. The whole idea is to give the world a little insight into the product and what it’s all about before you go and buy your weapon of choice! Here’s a few photos…party on!
The Marketing Intern will work closely with various team members of the Marketing Department to learn and provide overall support in all marketing related activities for K2 Snowboarding. The Marketing Intern will report to the K2 Global Team and Marketing Manager for guidance and daily job duties.
* Assist with marketing campaigns – print and digital; viral-focused, including assisting staff photographer, scheduling athletes, and managing product.
* Data entry for 2010/2011 website.
* Assist with generalist duties – organizing/filing emails, making phone calls, etc.
* Manage social media and video sites including myspace, facebook, fuel TV, k2snowboarding.com/blog, youtube.com and other Internet presence and updating duties.
* Learn fundamental business concepts across a myriad of disciplines (marketing, production, sales, etc.).
* Evaluating PR results through tracking coverage and monthly reports provided by PR Agency and Media Partners.
* Fulfilling sample requests.
* Basic image resizing and uploading for web.
* Product inventory management.
* Packing and Shipping of Team and VIP Product.
* An Interest, experience, or knowledge of the Actions Sports Industry.
* Majoring in marketing, communications, PR or other business related degree to receive college credit.
* Must be enrolled in an accredited internship program.
* Photoshop, MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook), and basic web language skills.
* Applicants should be outgoing, personable, possess good social/conversational skills, analytical, process driven, detail oriented and be trusted to get the job done.
* Must be able to pass a standard drug screening prior to enrollment.
* Video editing knowledge a MAJOR plus.
* The Marketing Intern will be required to commit to K2 Snowboarding’s Internship Program for a 9-12 week assignment and work approximately 16-20 hours per week.
* Prefer Monday, Wednesday, Fridays but schedule is flexible.
* Please email all resumes/cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Intern”.
* This is a non-paying internship.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please visit http://erecruit.jarden.com to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation.
It’s really hard to believe ten years has past since we at Eastern Boarder were dreaming up a spring snowboard event that we could all blow off some steam at. “Last Call” as it was dubbed, was simply a good reason to gather up shop employees, friends, and our local reps to have a few good laughs with on the trails together. We always thought the backyard type of gathering was the most fun to try and recreate on the slopes. Building oddball jumps and making things that tend to be on the sketchy side was always a good way to get people laughing, claiming and one upping each other. This “anti contest” contest of sorts was just the thing we all needed to let loose. In 2001 we had a little cash, some swag, some tall boys, and random things to toss out to the outstanding riders that survived the day, and overall Last Call looked like a success and worth trying again.
Loon in NH became home for Last Call a few years back and has since been an amazing host mountain for just such an event. The LMP park staff headed by Brian Norton puts in a ton of hours sculpting and tweaking their already impressive park to help make Last Call unique every time we go there. It still has a somewhat backyard feel and guarantees a lot of fun and claiming. The secret features we have sketched up this time around should have riders going all out. If they can’t ride it all they sure won’t be on top at the end of the day. Our 10th Anniversary event will again take place at Loon March 24th 2010. I can’t thank our extended EB family, friends, sponsors and spectators enough for helping to keep Last Call such an underground success over the years. Snowboarding needs this sort of thing. Without you all involved it just wouldn’t be able to happen. Thank you to this years sponsors K2 Snowboards, Oakley, 32, Redbull, NXTZ, Scion, Skullcandy and Dakine. Immediately following awards we’ll be in the Bunyan room below the gondola. Plan on getting a room that evening and follow us downtown for a little more letting loose too.
Brooke Voigt struck gold at the 2010 Arctic Winter Games in Grande Prarie, Alberta last week. Among a field of international competitors she grabbed 3 gold medals (halfpipe, slopestyle, boarder cross), 1 silver (banked slalom) and the Overall Title for Junior Females.
The Fort McMurray Today newspaper featured Brooke in an article about her third trip to the AWG: http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2280163
Ursina Haller was also satisfied with her first ever podium; especially as she was able to showcase her true riding skills in a World Cup contest for the first time: “So far I wasn’t very successful in the FIS World Cup. I’m happy that I made it today. It was some nice riding today and if good things come out of it, it’s even better,” the 24-years-old stated after having landed “frontside air”, “backside 540”, “frontside 540”, “backside air” and “frontside 720”.
Next week, from March 18th through 21st, 2010, the first ever World Cup finals to be held in Spain will be staged. The final decisions in snowboard cross, halfpipe and parallel giant slalom will be held in La Molina.
Aspen/Snowmass and Gretchen Bleiler will host the third annual CoverGirl Snow Angels Invitational. This is an all-female lifestyle event featuring a snowboard superpipe contest in Snowmass April 2-4, 2010.
“I’m really looking forward to the third annual CoverGirl Snow Angels Invitational, especially after the craziness of the Olympics,” said two-time Olympian and 2010 Winter X Games gold medalist Gretchen Bleiler, “this will be a great opportunity to focus on progressive riding and quality time with all of the girls.”
For more information on the CoverGirl Snow Angels Invitational or anything regarding Aspen/Snowmass please visitwww.aspensnowmass.comor call 1-800-525-6200