For More Information Go To: http://www.boardplay.com/de/
Stevens Pass is hosting a Downhill Slalom Race Retro style!
Time to bust out those old straight skis, directional snowboards, one-piece snowsuits and radical attitude for the 1st annual Retro Fools Day! April 2nd, 2010 is going to be the most totally tubular day and will include a downhill slalom race! The older and more rad the gear the more time deductions you get off your runs! There will be awards for best times, best outfit and most radical! There will be more awards for other cateagories that we haven’t even thought of yet! Here’s an example of the time scoring (these aren’t set yet but you get the idea):Time deductions: Retro jacket: -1 sec Retro pants: -1sec One piece: -3sec Pre 1995 board: -1sec Pre 1995 skis: -1sec Old boots: -3 sec Monoski: -7sec Post 1995 board: +4sec Post 1995 ski: +4sec
$5 voluntary donation – All proceeds go to SOS
Wille Yli-Luoma. PHOTO: Scott Serfas
So my girlfriend has been working on doing this t-shirt design for Pierre Wikberg over the last month or so and I kept asking her what the deal with VHS was? But in the last weeks I finally found out it is a new website/blog, but rather than give you my version (which would probably say this looks to be an amazing new addition to the world of snowboarding media that is flooding our lives), here is the low down from Pierre and Eddie (Wall):
California, March 26, 2010 — The goal of VHS, www.videohypershred.com, is to update videos and photos every single day of the season. The clips will be short, raw, and feature pro snowboarders, ams, legends, friends, skaters, girls, drunks, industry tools and animals. The site will include all types of snowboarding; film trips, fun laps, bangers, trick tips, archival footage, interviews, behind-the-scenes, hugs, high fives and much more.
VHS will be a great way for riders and companies to get their talent and image out to the public every single day. The creative possibilities are virtually endless and VHS aims to entertain everyone, whether they be pros, weekend warriors, kids, teens, fans, haters, or single women between the ages of 20 and 40.
The internet has changed the way snowboard videos are viewed. Declining dvd sales and growing online activity are signs that the old formula of how we film and view videos needs to change. Filming 200 days a year for a 2 min video part doesn´t make as much sense as it used to.
“Times are changing and we want to change with them. I feel like snowboarding has more to offer then a two minute video part at the end of the year. I just want to show people everything that is involved with snowboarding and this is the perfect way.” says Eddie. Pierre also comments “I have been filming for a long time and I am very excited to dive into something where I can combine my Facebook updating skills and my filmmaking.”
VHS is open to work with all snowboarders and companies.
Join K2 Snowboarding and DWR (Design Within Reach) in the fourth annual DTMB – a snowboard design contest in support of SOS Outreach.
Drop in for a celebratory night to raise money towards giving at-risk youth the opportunities to ride.
Rock The Vote and determine the best snowboard design. The winning design will be made into a one-of-a-kind board by K2 Snowboards and featured in DWR studio and online.
Saturday, April 3rd, 2010 from 6-9pm
DWR Seattle Studio.
1918 First Avenue
$12 donation suggested
RSVP by e-mail at seattle@DWR.com
VIDEO COMING SEPTEMBER 2010
Congradulations to all the Wille Win Week winners last week!
MONDAY 3/15: K2 sticker pack & Wille’s Heart Roasters coffee
Winner: Sean Weiss Portland, OR
TUESDAY 3/16: K2 beanie & Wille’s Heart Roasters coffee
Winner: Lauren Weibert Dillon, CO
WEDNESDAY 3/17: K2 Hoodie & Wille’s Heart Roasters coffee
Winner: Esther Cheng Oxford, OH
THURSDAY 3/18: K2 Formula Bindings
Winner: Allan Nadel Mammoth Lakes, CA
FRIDAY 3/19: GRAND PRIZE: K2 Turbo Dream, 5 LBS Heart Roasters Coffee and a Ceramic Coffee Filter set Courtesy of Wille and Heart Roasters
Winner: Justin Lees Provo, UT
K2 Snowboarding Marketing Intern
The Marketing Intern will work closely with various team members of the Marketing Department to learn and provide overall support in all marketing related activities for K2 Snowboarding. The Marketing Intern will report to the K2 Global Team and Marketing Manager for guidance and daily job duties.
* Assist with marketing campaigns – print and digital; viral-focused, including assisting staff photographer, scheduling athletes, and managing product.
* Data entry for 2010/2011 website.
* Assist with generalist duties – organizing/filing emails, making phone calls, etc.
* Manage social media and video sites including myspace, facebook, fuel TV, k2snowboarding.com/blog, youtube.com and other Internet presence and updating duties.
* Learn fundamental business concepts across a myriad of disciplines (marketing, production, sales, etc.).
* Evaluating PR results through tracking coverage and monthly reports provided by PR Agency and Media Partners.
* Fulfilling sample requests.
* Basic image resizing and uploading for web.
* Product inventory management.
* Packing and Shipping of Team and VIP Product.
* An Interest, experience, or knowledge of the Actions Sports Industry.
* Majoring in marketing, communications, PR or other business related degree to receive college credit.
* Must be enrolled in an accredited internship program.
* Photoshop, MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook), and basic web language skills.
* Applicants should be outgoing, personable, possess good social/conversational skills, analytical, process driven, detail oriented and be trusted to get the job done.
* Must be able to pass a standard drug screening prior to enrollment.
* Video editing knowledge a MAJOR plus.
* The Marketing Intern will be required to commit to K2 Snowboarding’s Internship Program for a 9-12 week assignment and work approximately 16-20 hours per week.
* Prefer Monday, Wednesday, Fridays but schedule is flexible.
* Please email all resumes/cover letters to email@example.com with the subject “Marketing Intern”.
* This is a non-paying internship.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please visit http://erecruit.jarden.com to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation.
K2 Sports is an equal opportunity employer.
It’s really hard to believe ten years has past since we at Eastern Boarder were dreaming up a spring snowboard event that we could all blow off some steam at. “Last Call” as it was dubbed, was simply a good reason to gather up shop employees, friends, and our local reps to have a few good laughs with on the trails together. We always thought the backyard type of gathering was the most fun to try and recreate on the slopes. Building oddball jumps and making things that tend to be on the sketchy side was always a good way to get people laughing, claiming and one upping each other. This “anti contest” contest of sorts was just the thing we all needed to let loose. In 2001 we had a little cash, some swag, some tall boys, and random things to toss out to the outstanding riders that survived the day, and overall Last Call looked like a success and worth trying again.
Loon in NH became home for Last Call a few years back and has since been an amazing host mountain for just such an event. The LMP park staff headed by Brian Norton puts in a ton of hours sculpting and tweaking their already impressive park to help make Last Call unique every time we go there. It still has a somewhat backyard feel and guarantees a lot of fun and claiming. The secret features we have sketched up this time around should have riders going all out. If they can’t ride it all they sure won’t be on top at the end of the day. Our 10th Anniversary event will again take place at Loon March 24th 2010. I can’t thank our extended EB family, friends, sponsors and spectators enough for helping to keep Last Call such an underground success over the years. Snowboarding needs this sort of thing. Without you all involved it just wouldn’t be able to happen. Thank you to this years sponsors K2 Snowboards, Oakley, 32, Redbull, NXTZ, Scion, Skullcandy and Dakine. Immediately following awards we’ll be in the Bunyan room below the gondola. Plan on getting a room that evening and follow us downtown for a little more letting loose too.
Hope to see you all there.