The search is on to hire two candidates to participate in the Old Spice Fresh Adventure Internship to celebrate the brand’s first line of destination-based anti-perspirant/deodorant. The Fresh Collection gives guys the chance to smell like some of the freshest places on earth: Fiji, Matterhorn, Cyprus and Denali. As part of their job requirement, the interns will be reporting on their scent-inspired adventures in Matterhorn and Fiji, via social media channels. Each intern will also be outfitted with $5,000 and an itinerary of “jobs” to complete and document while on location.
To help better prepare the interns for their adventure, Old Spice is teaming up with two world-class athletes: professional snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler and professional surfer Anastasia Ashley, who are coming on-board as internship mentors. For more information, visit www.oldspiceadventure.com.
“I am excited to be working with Old Spice on the Fresh Collection Internship Search,” said Gretchen Bleiler, professional snowboarder. “It’s not often that someone gets a chance to go to Matterhorn or Fiji as part of an internship, let alone get paid to snowboard all day and rock some lederhosen!”
The Marketing Intern will work closely with various team members of the Marketing Department to learn and provide overall support in all marketing related activities for K2 Snowboarding. The Marketing Intern will report to the K2 Global Team and Marketing Manager for guidance and daily job duties.
* Assist with marketing campaigns – print and digital; viral-focused, including assisting staff photographer, scheduling athletes, and managing product.
* Data entry for 2010/2011 website.
* Assist with generalist duties – organizing/filing emails, making phone calls, etc.
* Manage social media and video sites including myspace, facebook, fuel TV, k2snowboarding.com/blog, youtube.com and other Internet presence and updating duties.
* Learn fundamental business concepts across a myriad of disciplines (marketing, production, sales, etc.).
* Evaluating PR results through tracking coverage and monthly reports provided by PR Agency and Media Partners.
* Fulfilling sample requests.
* Basic image resizing and uploading for web.
* Product inventory management.
* Packing and Shipping of Team and VIP Product.
* An Interest, experience, or knowledge of the Actions Sports Industry.
* Majoring in marketing, communications, PR or other business related degree to receive college credit.
* Must be enrolled in an accredited internship program.
* Photoshop, MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook), and basic web language skills.
* Applicants should be outgoing, personable, possess good social/conversational skills, analytical, process driven, detail oriented and be trusted to get the job done.
* Must be able to pass a standard drug screening prior to enrollment.
* Video editing knowledge a MAJOR plus.
* The Marketing Intern will be required to commit to K2 Snowboarding’s Internship Program for a 9-12 week assignment and work approximately 16-20 hours per week.
* Prefer Monday, Wednesday, Fridays but schedule is flexible.
* Please email all resumes/cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Intern”.
* This is a non-paying internship.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please visit http://erecruit.jarden.com to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation.