2010 Olympic Snowboarding Team
It’s finally official! K2 pro rider Gretchen Bleiler will be going to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Congrats Gretch! We’re super excited to watch you in the games, Go for Gold!
Final Sprint U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix Standings
Average of best two results (ties broken)
1. Shaun White, Carlsbad, CA, 1000
2. Scotty Lago, Seabrook, NH, 800
3. Louie Vito, Sandy, UT, 800
4. Danny Davis, Detroit, MI, 645
5. Greg Bretz, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 550
6. JJ Thomas, Golden, CO, 550
7. Luke Mitrani, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 550
8. Zack Black, Breckenridge, CO, 525
9. Elijah Teter, South Lake Tahoe, CA, 475
10. Steve Fisher, Breckenridge, CO, 400
1. Kelly Clark, Mt. Snow, VT, 1000
2. Gretchen Bleiler, Aspen, CO, 900
3. Hannah Teter, Belmont, VT, 800
4. Elena Hight, South Lake Tahoe, CA, 650
5. Ellery Hollingsworth, Stratton, VT, 600
6. Kaitlyn Farrington, Sun Valley, ID, 500
7. Maddy Schaffrick, Steamboat Springs, CO, 500
8. Clair Bidez, Minturn, CO, 425
9. Kelly Marren, Hillsborough, CA, 32
To check out some pictures from the event or to watch some video check out Transworld Snowboarding
The U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix Olympic Qualifiers is coming to a close with the last competition taking place in Park City, Utah.
Thanks to the people over at FUEL TV, they will be webcasting live in HD on Saturday, January 23rd from 8:20pm ET/5:20pm PT to 10:45pm ET/7:45pm PT. With live halfpipe coverage, awards, and the announcement of the 2010 Winter Olympics team!
Cheer on Gretchen Bleiler as she secures her spot in the 2010 Olympic team and goes for the Gold!
K2′s Gretchen Bleiler has been training all year for the Olympic qualifiers which kick off this week. She is a past silver medalist in the 2006 Winter Olympic’s and this year she’s going for the gold!
Our support goes out to her as she plans ahead for the Olympic Qualifiers!
The 2010 Grand Prix Olympic Qualifiers will be making three stops with a total of five competitions which will determine the 2010 U.S. Olympic Halfpipe Team. Follow Gretchen and get additional Grand Prix coverage on FuelTV. Or check out her new Facebook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/GretchenBleiler.
The U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix TV schedule:
U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix – Copper Mountain, CO airdates:
NBC – 12/13/09 – 2pm est
Versus – 12/27/09 – 4pm est
U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix – Mammoth, CA airdates:
NBC – 1/10/10 – 1:30pm est
Versus – 1/17/10 – 4pm est
U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix – Park City, UT airdates:
NBC – 1/24/10 – 3pm est
Versus – 1/31/10 – 6pm est hp#1
2/7/10 – 3pm est hp#2
Paul Mitchell Progression Session airdates:
Copper Mountain – 12/27/09 – 5pm est
Telluride – 1/10/10 – 5pm est
Mammoth – 1/17/10 – 5pm est